Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Welcome

I get press releases. A lot of press releases. Most of them are nonsense - they want me to interview celebrity pediatricians or talk about diet plans. But some of them are full of serious, useful information about global health and international development topics that people actually care about.

Unfortunately, I almost never write about the press releases, not even the really good ones. It doesn't come naturally to me, probably because I am not a journalist by trying. And I feel guilty, because, after all, it's useful information about subjects I care about.

So I am going to put the press releases here. Copy and paste them right out of my email. No editorializing, no context. Just the PR. Maybe other people who do write about press releases can find and read them. Maybe they'll be interesting to some people on their own. Or maybe no one will ever look at this blog. No skin off my nose either way.

1 comment:

  1. Alanna, this is a good idea. I don't think I;ve ever written something straight out of a release. On occasion, when I come across something useful (like the kinds of things you're including here), they might find their way into a story or something.

    ReplyDelete